Fall is (almost) here, with all its cozy pleasures, in the air, on our plates, and in our coffee (if we choose).
Our months ahead look different than expected, and so many of our festivities have taken to a virtual space, still providing some of the flair we expect when we herald in the change of season.
Pumpkins are focal points for fall and we’re pleased to offer a few road trip, day trip, midweek or weekend getaway ideas for you:
- Quiet places all your own, for your group at Huckleberry Trail Farm.
- General stores and pumpkin patches*: Hart’s General Store, Pittsboro Feed, Jean’s Berry Patch (Ragan and Holly’s Pumpkin Patch), and more.
- Fall decor at Calico Quilt Antiques, Reclamation, Fragments (Fragments Too), Chatham Charm, Deep River Mercantile, and many more.
- Coffee shops and bakeries: The Chatham Rabbit; Willy’s Cinnamon Rolls, Etc.; Blue Dot Coffee, Courtyard Coffee at Peppercorn, Aromatic Roasters, Cafe Diem, Carolina Cravings, The Phoenix Bakery, and more.
- See a big pumpkin at For Garden’s Sake that’d impress Charlie Brown and the whole PEANUTS gang.
- Spice and a kick? Apple pie in a glass? Try Starrlight Mead (Kickin’ Cranberry Orange and Spiced Apple) and our local craft beverage places for a flavorful and award-winning fall beverages.
- Pumpkin pies are not just for Thanksgiving and Bestfood Cafeteria is one of our go-to spots for pies.
Take in the fall color, hikes in lower temps, the leisurely rides, and fall-flavored food and drink. Travel safely, plan ahead, and contact us with any questions in advance of your visit.
*We will continue to let you know of additional sites offering pumpkins as we hear of them. Stay tuned via social media.