The Birch Cottage
In 2014, the only home located on property was opened for member use. The cottage contains four bedrooms, each featuring a king-sized bed and full bathroom. There is a small kitchen area with a dining room table, a large living room area with 3 flat screen TVs and a patio with porch that is adjacent to the practice facility. The entire cottage may be rented more than two weeks prior to arrival, or individual rooms rented within two weeks in advance of arrival. The living room may be rented for business meetings or retreats within this two week window as well. Breakfast and lunch are available from the Club, and dinner can be provided by the Club or any of the surrounding restaurants. The Club is in close proximity to two shopping and dining areas.
Open and practicing social distancing guidelines.
The Triangle’s most exclusive private golf club offers an unparalleled golf experience. A 16-acre practice facility, 18-hole course set in 400 acres of protected land-forever free of development, an elegant golf clubhouse and traditional caddie program are all reserved for member only play. There are no outside events at Old Chatham, and members enjoy the highest levels of service and privacy. Also offers cottages for overnight stays and a venue.
From Chapel Hill: On I-40 East, take Exit 274 (NC-751) toward Jordan Lake. Continue on NC-751 toward Jordan Lake for 2.9 miles. Turn Left onto O’Kelly Chapel Road. After 1.5 miles, turn right into Old Chatham, just before the pond. You will see wrought iron recessed gates.
From Raleigh: I-40 West to exit 283 A, I-540 W to 55. After exiting, bear left onto I-540 W. Stay on I-540 W to exit 66B, 55 W/Durham. Bear right onto 55 W. Take 1st left, (2/10 mile) onto O??elly Chapel Road. After 2.5 miles, turn left into the Club entrance.
- Course Architect: Rees Jones
- Number of Holes: 18
- Par for Course: 72
- Year Opened: 2001
- Walking/Riding Policy: Walking allowed
- Advanced Tee Times Required: No
- Caddies Available: Yes
- Chipping Greens: Yes
- Course Length: Championship: 7247
- Course Length: Forward: 5247
- Course Length: Middle: 6305
- Course Rating: Championship: 4.1
- Course Rating: Forward: 64.8
- Course Rating: Middle: 9.2
- Driving Range: Yes
- Golf Carts – Motorized -Yes
- Golf Carts – Pull -No
- Golf Lessons: Yes
- Golf on Site Yes
- Golf Packages Available: Yes
- Golf School: Can be arranged
- Greens Fees (list low / high): $125-$175
- Greens Fees Include Cart Fee: No.
- Other: Minimum of 1 Caddie required per foursome.
- Par for Course: 2
- Practice Green Yes
- Pro Shop Yes
- Putting Green Yes
- Rental Golf Clubs Yes
- Slope Rating: Championship: 31
- Slope Rating: Forward: 108
- Slope Rating: Middle: 124
- Private area for groups
- Perfect for small executive groups requiring privacy, security, exclusivity.
Safety protocols are in place in accordance with N.C. Executive Orders and guidelines. Please do not hesitate to inquire with any questions.