Jordan Lake Educational State Forest
Showcases a wide variety of pines and hardwoods found in a wetland ecosystem.
- Address: 2832 Big Woods Rd Chapel Hill, NC 27517
- Mailing Address: 2832 Big Woods Rd Chapel Hill, NC 27517
Jordan Lake Educational State Forest, a unique outdoors experience--located between the Piedmont and Coastal Plain, this forest showcases a wide variety of pines and hardwoods found in a wetland ecosystem. Outdoor Education Workshops, Picnic Facilities, Ranger-Conducted Classes, and the "Talking Tree" Trail. Open mid-March to mid- November, Tuesday through Friday 9am to 5pm, Saturday and Sunday (11am - 8pm during daylight savings time and 11am - 5pm during eastern standard time). We do not charge any fees for use or programs.
Check in on foursquare.
- Admission Free
- Free Parking
- General contact: Ranger(s) - 919.542.1154
- Group Tour Site
- Handicap Parking
- Hours of Operation: T - F, 9am - 5pm. Sat - Sun, 11am - 8pm (daylight savings), 11am - 5pm EST
- Picnic Area
- Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Self-Guided Tour
- Alcohol Prohibited
- Children's Activities
- Public Restroom
- Reservations Required for Groups
- Open seasonally: mid-March through mid-November