- May 15, 2015 - 9:00am - May 16, 2015 - 6:00pm
Join the Western Film Club in celebrating Milo Holt's life. The event takes place the weekend of the monthly Third Friday ArtWalk, so make a weekend of it and escape to a world filled with all things Western in historic downtown Siler City and help celebrate the life and anniversary of Milo Holt's birthday.
- The Tom Mix Rangers will be back with stagecoach and all the exciting shootouts between the good and bad.
- Cowboy lookalikes appearing for the day are John Wayne (Bob Seiber), Pallatin (Richard Gilman), Sunset Carson (Bob Atkins), The Hyco Kid (Michael Lair),Lash Larue (Bob Wallace).
- Other well-known cowboys and cowgirls are Roy Rogers and Dale Evans, Annie Oakley, Tonto. Indian Chief Jay Silverheels will be in town. He was the son of Tonto from The Lone Ranger. The cowboys and cowgirls will entertain with shootouts, stagecoach robbery and other tactics that cowboys do.
- On the Rotary Stage will be an Indian Spiritual Dancer who will perform her inspirational message through song and dance.
- Musicians on stage all day with country, Bluegrass, gospel and more. Performing will be New Direction, The Trailblazers, Rocky River Cowboys, Charlie's Band and other artists.
- The Lane Society Reeinactment Group will have a settlement as in the confederacy days. This will be on South Chatham Ave across from Farmers' Alliance Store. Their families will be in costume of that time period and will be taking part in the reenactment.
- Western Gem Mine for panning for gems
- Free Western movies at 121 N Chatham Ave on Main Street.
- Have your picture taken in the many costumes of the Western time period - clothes are furnished from which you can select.
- Cars, trucks, tractors on display. Interested in displaying, call Linda Lehman, 919.200.5161 to register and participate.
- Vendors of arts, crafts and foods. For an application to be a vendor, call Linda at the number listed above.
- Costume contest for all age groups. Dress Western style or any old-time clothing. Prizes for costume contest. Register for prizes to be given away.
- "Milo Holt Festival" t-shirts are available for $10. Donations are needed. Send your donation to "Milo Holt Festival" and mail to Linda Holt Lehman, 823 E Cardinal St, Siler City, NC 27344. 919.200.5161 or 919.742.4034
This special event is part of Milo's Ole Film Time Club movie and music series. Join in the fun and festivities, which will include cowboy movies, gospel singing and music throughout the day including the Rocky River Cowboys, food, a shoot out at high noon, children's activities, cowboy rope tricks, bullwhip exhibition, cowboys' six-guns with gun safety demo, and much more. Stay tuned for more details.
Location: Streets to be closed for the festival will be North Chatham Avenue at Third street and South Chatham Avenue to Beaver Street., West Second St. from North Second to North Birch, East Raleigh St. from Post Office Entrance to Birch, North Birch and South Birch from West Second to West Beaver and West Beaver from South Birch to Post Office Exit.
- Address: 222 E Raleigh St Siler City, NC 27344
- Mailing Address: Siler City, NC 27344