- May 13, 2016 - 9:00am - May 14, 2016 - 6:00pm
Schedule for movies below (two locations: 124 N Chatham Ave & 132 N Chatham Ave, located on same side of street as Carter Bank).
124 NChatham is: The Elder Theatre (16mm movies)
10:15 - The Far Frontier starring Roy Rogers and Clayton Moore (before becoming the Lone Ranger)
11:30 - Pals of the Saddle with the Three Mesquiteers (John Wayne featured)
12:45 - Mystery Man starring Hopalong Cassidy
2:00 - Tucson Raiders with Bill Elliott (his first Red Ryder film)
3:15 - West of the Law with the Rough Riders starring Buck Jones,Tim McCoy & Raymond Hatton
132 N Chatham is : The G E M Theatre (DVD movies)
10:00 - Lone Star Trail (starring Johnny Mack Brown & Jennifer Holt)
11:15 - Rough Riders of Cheyenne (Sunset Carson & Peggy Stewart)
12:30 - Topeka Terror -( Allen "Rocky" Lane & Linda Sterling)
1:45 - Under Nevada Skies- (Roy Rogers, Dale Evans & Gabby Hayes)
3:00 - Renegade Trail - (Hopalong Cassidy,Russell Hayden & Carol Hughs)
4:15 - Man From Music - (Gene Autry, Smiley Burnett & Charlotte Wynters)
Fri, May 15
Meal sponsored by Smithfield Chick'n & Barbecue in Siler City. All the cowboys and cowgirls participating in the festival will be invited. Location TBD.
Sat, May 16, 10am - 5pm
- The Tom Mix Rangers & Stagecoach are back as well as John Wayne, Lash Larue, Paladin, Tonto, The Hyco Kid who plays the U.S. Marshall, Sunset Carson, The Lone Ranger, Annie Oakley and others who portray the good and bad.
- The Rotary Stage will be host to many acts including variety of musicians and new acts to the area.
- Sit and watch the western movies, free of charge.
- Indian Chief, Steve Silverheels (the son of Tonto from the Lone Ranger) will be back this year .
- New entertainment this year for all ages are Cindy Smith the Singing Cowgirl from Atlanta, Georgia
Past year activities for this event:
Join the Western Film Club in celebrating Milo Holt's life. The event takes place the weekend of the monthly Third Friday ArtWalk, so make a weekend of it and escape to a world filled with all things Western in historic downtown Siler City and help celebrate the life and anniversary of Milo Holt's birthday.
- The Tom Mix Rangers will be back with stagecoach and all the exciting shootouts between the good and bad.
- Cowboy lookalikes appearing for the day are John Wayne (Bob Seiber), Pallatin (Richard Gilman), Sunset Carson (Bob Atkins), The Hyco Kid (Michael Lair),Lash Larue (Bob Wallace).
- Other well-known cowboys and cowgirls are Roy Rogers and Dale Evans, Annie Oakley, Tonto. Indian Chief Jay Silverheels will be in town. He was the son of Tonto from The Lone Ranger. The cowboys and cowgirls will entertain with shootouts, stagecoach robbery and other tactics that cowboys do.
- On the Rotary Stage will be an Indian Spiritual Dancer who will perform her inspirational message through song and dance.
- Musicians on stage all day with country, Bluegrass, gospel and more. Performing will be New Direction, The Trailblazers, Rocky River Cowboys, Charlie's Band and other artists.
- The Lane Society Reeinactment Group will have a settlement as in the confederacy days. This will be on South Chatham Ave across from Farmers' Alliance Store. Their families will be in costume of that time period and will be taking part in the reenactment.
- Western Gem Mine for panning for gems
- Free Western movies at 121 N Chatham Ave on Main Street.
- Have your picture taken in the many costumes of the Western time period - clothes are furnished from which you can select.
- Cars, trucks, tractors on display. Interested in displaying, call Linda Lehman, 919.200.5161 to register and participate.
- Vendors of arts, crafts and foods. For an application to be a vendor, call Linda at the number listed above.
- Costume contest for all age groups. Dress Western style or any old-time clothing. Prizes for costume contest. Register for prizes to be given away.
- "Milo Holt Festival" t-shirts are available for $10. Donations are needed. Send your donation to "Milo Holt Festival" and mail to Linda Holt Lehman, 823 E Cardinal St, Siler City, NC 27344. 919.200.5161 or 919.742.4034
This special event is part of Milo's Ole Film Time Club movie and music series. Join in the fun and festivities, which will include cowboy movies, gospel singing and music throughout the day including the Rocky River Cowboys, food, a shoot out at high noon, children's activities, cowboy rope tricks, bullwhip exhibition, cowboys' six-guns with gun safety demo, and much more. Stay tuned for more details.
Location: Streets to be closed for the festival will be North Chatham Avenue at Third street and South Chatham Avenue to Beaver Street., West Second St. from North Second to North Birch, East Raleigh St. from Post Office Entrance to Birch, North Birch and South Birch from West Second to West Beaver and West Beaver from South Birch to Post Office Exit.
- Address: 222 E Raleigh St Siler City, NC 27344
- Mailing Address: Siler City, NC 27344